What is Anypoint Platform?
- Anypoint platform is highly productive, hybrid integration platform that creates an application network of app, data and devices by producing and consuming reusable assets.
- It is collection of Tools and Framework ( building application) and runtime for running application
What are Anypoint Connectors in MuleSoft?
Anypoint connectors are used to integrate with SaaS and Cloud API e.g. Salesforce, AWS etc. also you can connect your on-premise applications using connectors, there are various connectors available like Database, Email, File, Salesforce etc.
What is API Portal in MuleSoft?
API Portal allows providers to expose and publicize their APIs, educate developers communities about them, provision user access generate client keys and more
What is API Notebook in MuleSoft?
API Notebook is web based tool for building interactive tutorials and examples in a Java Script workspace
What are deployment options available in MuleSoft?
- Cloud hub
- Runtime Fabric(RTF)
- Anypoint PCE(Anypoint Private Cloud Edition)
- Anypoint PCF(Anypoint Platform for Pivotal Cloud Foundry)
What is Cloudhub?
Cloudhub is an (iPasS) Integrated platform as a service which is multi-tenant, secure, highly available service where we can deploy our integration application on cloud also integrate on-premise application with cloud services
How many ways you can deploy application on Cloudhub?
What is PCE (Platform Cloud Edition in MuleSoft)?
- With Anypoint Platform Private Cloud Edition (Anypoint Platform PCE), you run and manage Mule applications on your local servers
- Anypoint Platform PCE uses Docker and Kubernetes to provide built-in high availability and scalability.
- You can install the platform without understanding Docker or Kubernetes
What is RTF (Run time Fabric)?
Anypoint Runtime Fabric is a container service that automates the deployment and orchestration of your Mule applications Runtime Fabric runs on customer-managed infrastructure on AWS, Azure, virtual machines (VMs)
Features of RTF
- You can scale your mule application
- There is option to run multiple version of mule runtime on same set of resources
- Isolation between application by running a separate Mule runtime per application
Why we use Mule Maven Plugin?
The Mule Maven plugin allows you to integrate the packaging and deployment of your Mule applications with your Maven lifecycle.
By using mule maven plugin you can automate the deployment of mule application on Cloudhub, on-premise or on RTF
What is the difference between op-premise deployment and cloud hub deployment strategy?
- With Cloud hub deployment strategy you can deploy maximum 10 Application on 1 vCore machine but in on-premise you can deploy 100 application on 1 vCore depends on the
- In Cloudhub mule runtime will be managed by the MuleSoft, in on-premise mule runtime will be managed by the Customer itself
What is persistent queue?
Persistent queues ensure zero message loss and allow you to distribute non-HTTP workloads across a set of workers, Persistent queues also guarantee delivery of your messages; even if one or more workers or data-centers go down, persistent queues facilitate disaster recovery and provide resilience to hardware or application failures.
Why we used Anypoint VPN?
We use Anypoint VPN to create a secure connection between MuleSoft VPC and on-premise network
What is static IP and in what scenarios static IP gets changed?
Static IP is the IP Address of the worker displayed on the cloud hub console; by default you are allocated a number of static IP equal to twice the number of production vCores. Static IP can be changed in below scenarios
- Deleting an application will also remove its Static IP. If you create a new application with the same name, it will have a new dynamically assigned IP address.
- Adding a new application by moving it from Dev to QA. This requires a new application name and a new Static IP is generated
- When application is re-deployed to a different geographic region
In which time zone MuleSoft scheduler runs?
Mulesoft Schedulers always run in UTC/GMT timezone
What happens to your logs when you delete mule application from Cloudhub?
After you delete your application your log data is no longer accessible through the console, Cloudhub archive old log data for a limited period of time before being purged, if you want to recover data you have to raise support ticket with MuleSoft.
What is object store V2?
- Object Store v2 lets Cloudhub applications store data and states across batch processes, Mule components and applications, from within an application.
- Persists keys for 30 days unless updated. If a key is updated, the TTL (time-to-live) is extended by another 30 days from the current expiration date
- Allows for an unlimited number of entries. There is no limit on the total size of v2 object-stores.
- Stores values up to 10 MB
How can one mule app access the object store of another mule app?
To share data between Mule 4 apps create a flow to retrieve the data using the Retrieve operation in the Object Store Connector
In Mule 3, use the Object Store v2 REST API to read from one app and store to another.
What is Anypoint MQ?
- Anypoint MQ is a multi-tenant, cloud messaging service that offers customers to perform asynchronous messaging scenarios between their applications.
- Anypoint MQ is fully integrated with Anypoint Platform
- Anypoint MQ requires a separate Enterprise subscription
How MuleSoft scheduler runs in multi worker cloud hub environment
Mule runtime cluster or multi-worker Cloudhub deployment, the Scheduler runs (or triggers) only on the primary node (that is, only in one Mule runtime).
How you can prevent your application hosted in Cloudhub from being publicly accessible
Remove the Anypoint VPC Firewall rules with source Anywhere (0.0.0.0/0) and port 8081/82 or create a whitelist in your dedicated load balancer with the IP Address you want to authorize.
What is Control Plane?
In Anypoint Platform, the control plane consists of Anypoint Design Center, Anypoint Management Center, and Anypoint Exchange, API Manager Etc. Control plane is used to deploy, monitor and manage the running application in Mule runtime
What is Anypoint runtime Plane?
Anypoint runtime plane is used where we deploy the mule runtime application also where the mule runtime engine runs, in case of Cloudhub runtime plane will be managed by MuleSoft and for on-premise and RTF Runtime plane will be managed by Customer
What is EU Control Plane?
MuleSoft hosts a version of the Anypoint Platform control plane entirely within the EU (Frankfurt or Dublin data centers). This enables you to deploy and manage your APIs, applications, and related data entirely within the European Union. This includes data and metadata about your MuleSoft implementation. The EU control plane ensures that all MuleSoft data is stored within the EU
What is Anypoint Visualizer?
- Anypoint Visualizer displays views of different aspects of an application network graph.
- Anypoint Visualizer provides a real-time, graphical representation of the APIs and mule application that are running.
- It also displays third party system that are invoked by a mule API, proxy or application within your application network
- Anypoint Visualizer collects data from Mule applications, APIs, and proxies deployed to Cloudhub; from standalone Mule runtime engines (Mule instances); or from Runtime Fabric, to discover all incoming and outgoing connections through an embedded plugin.
What is Anypoint VPC?
The Anypoint Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) offering allows you to create a virtual, private, and isolated network segment in the cloud to host your Cloudhub workers
Connecting to your Anypoint VPC extends your corporate network and allows Cloudhub workers to access resources behind your corporate firewall. You can connect on-premises data centers through a secured VPN tunnel, or a private AWS VPC through VPC peering, or by using AWS Direct Connect.
What are the methods to connect on-premise network with Anypoint VPC
You can use an IPsec tunnel with network-to-network configuration to connect your on-premises data centers to your Anypoint VPC. An IPsec VPN tunnel is generally the recommended solution for VPC to on-premises connectivity
What is VPC Peering?
VPC peering provides connectivity between two VPC, this enables you to route traffic between 2 VPCs so that they can communicate as though they are in same network.
To use VPC peering your AWS and Anypoint VPCs must be located in the same AWS region
Why we use Shared Load Balancer (SLB)?
Shared load balancer is a default load balancer provides basic load balancing functionality, with Shared load balancer you cannot configure customer SSL certificate proxy rule. Shared load balancer has lower rate limits
Why we used Dedicated Load Balancer?
Cloudhub dedicated load balancers (DLBs) are component of Anypoint Platform that enable you to route external HTTP and HTTPS traffic to multiple Mule applications deployed to Cloudhub workers in a Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).
Features of DLB:
- It handles the load balancing among different cloud hub workers
- You can also configure the custom SSL certificate and enforce 2-way SSL client authentication
What are the prerequisite to create DLB?
- Your profile is authorized to perform this action by adding the Cloudhub Network Administrator permission to the profile of the organization where you are creating the load balancer.
- Create an Anypoint Virtual Private Cloud (Anypoint VPC) in the organization where you want to create a load balancer.
- Create at least one certificate and private key for your certificate.
How many ways you can configure the Dedicated Load Balancer
There are three ways to create and configure a dedicated load balancer for your Anypoint VPC
How can you achieve the High Availability in MuleSoft?
- HA is to keep overall system operational when a system component fails, usually it is achieved with multiple level of fault tolerance or load balancing.
- In case of on-premise you can deploy the mule application on multiple Clusters
- In case of Cloudhub you can deploy the mule application on multiple cloud hub workers i.e horizontal scaling to multiple mule run time